His Master’s Legal Services Professional Corporation has two locations to serve. The Toronto location is situated at Suite 1- 1193a Brimley Road Toronto Ontario M1P 3G5. The Toronto location serves the landlords and tenants in Greater Toronto Region and the surrounding. The contact phone number is 416-757-2525. His Master’s Legal Services Professional Corporation also service Landlords and Tenants issues in Toronto, Whitby, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa and Bowmanville areas. His Master’s Legal Services Professional Corporation can be reached at 905-666-1550 for landlords and tenants issues in Toronto with their residential tenancy issues.
The residential tenancy in Toronto and the surrounding requires exercising due diligence prior to commencing the tenancy relationship. These are some of the suggestions for the landlords in Toronto.
- Draft a proper Residential Tenancy Agreement. Make sure that the agreement is in accord with the Residential Tenancy Act in Ontario.
- The landlords in Toronto shall make sure to do the proper credit check on the applicant(s).
- Require cosigner to the application.
- The landlords in Toronto shall make sure to list the number of tenants.
- The landlords in Toronto shall obtain vehicle information that is owned by the tenants.
- The landlords in Toronto shall inquire whether or not the tenants have any pets, or do they wish to get one in the future.
- Ensure that the tenants have dog liability insurance in the event they own one.
- The landlords in Toronto shall require tenants to have content insurance, if not ensure that they have it.
- Ensure to receive first and last month rent in the form of certified cheque, bank draft or money order. Cash is acceptable; however, it is better to have proper paper trail.
- Ensure to issue receipt for all payments received with clear description.
- Ensure to have a visit to the rental property along with the tenant (s) and have the tenants acknowledge the content in the premises and the condition of the rental property. Have the acknowledgement on the paper with the all tenant(s) signatures with date.
- Ensure to take pictures of the rental unit and have it initialed by all tenants.
- Ensure to collect postdated cheques for the whole year, should the tenancy is a yearly one.
- Give clear instruction as how to bring tenants grievances to the landlord. Have the communication to be in writing. All issues must be addressed in timely manner in the appropriate form allocated by the Landlord and Tenant Board.
Similarly, the tenants in Toronto also have to do their homework to protect their rights.
- The tenants in Toronto shall ensure that they do not make any payments in cash. As I said earlier, the payments to be in the form of cheque, money order or bank drafts, so that, you can always have proper paper trail in the event of dispute.
- The tenants in Toronto shall have your complaints filed in writing.
- The tenants in Toronto shall have their complaints properly served and filed in the appropriate form allocated by the Landlord and Tenant Board.
- Tenants in Toronto shall research on the landlord’s history.