Those who are entitle for applying for Ontario Disability Support Program based on the applicant’s financial status and disability situation may choose to proceed with the application for ODSP social assistance program. One can also apply with Online Application for Social Assistance.
The applicant’s financial status should be disclosed along with family members’ status. In addition, the medical records supporting the claim for disability benefit should also be furnished. Upon receiving the completed application form along with all pertaining documents, the Ministry of Community and Social Services will inform their decision. Applicant has to have the following documents based on the circumstances of their case.
- birth certificates
- immigration papers (such as Record of Landing, Sponsorship Agreement or Permanent Resident Card)
- social insurance numbers
- Ontario health card numbers (OHIP)
- information about your housing costs (such as rent receipts, mortgage statements, or utility and heating bills)
- information about your assets (such as bank books or statements)
- information about your income (such as pay stubs or support orders)
- information about your job or training program
- evidence of trusteeship or power of attorney.
Together, we will go over in detail how much money you have and how many bills you have to pay.
When we look at your financial situation, we take into account many things, such as:
- how many people there are in your family
- how many children you have and how old they are
- if you have a spouse or adult dependants
- your income and assets
- if you are entitled to other sources of income
- where you live.
Those who are not satisfied with the outcome can ask for an internal review. If the decision turned out to be the same; applicant can proceed to Tribunal. His Master’s Legal Services Professional Corporation assists those who are applying for ODSP benefits in Toronto, Scarborough, Mississauga, Brampton, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby and Oshawa. Furthermore, one also call in for free consultation by dialing 416-757-2525.