Those wish to file a Plaintiff Claim must know the following:
- Statute Barred- This means the plaintiff claim shall be filed within a certain period from the date of action, transaction, default of payment and date of breach of contract, etc.
- Jurisdiction- The Plaintiff Claim shall be filed at the geographical jurisdiction where the action took place. The Plaintiff Claim shall be filed where the Defendants live.
- Cause of action- The Plaintiff shall know the Cause of action, such as Breach of contract, Unjust enrichment, Unpaid wages, Unpaid account and Misrepresentation, etc.
- The Pleading must state the facts about the case in chronological order.
- The Plaintiff Claim must be clearly stating the demands of the Plaintiff, such as Damage claimed.
- The Plaintiff shall file the claim and serve the claim on the Defendant(s) within six months from the date issued.
- The Plaintiff shall execute the service as stipulated in the rules of the Small Claims Court.
- The Plaintiff shall file an Affidavit of Service.
- Should the Defendant(s) fail to serve and file the Defence within twenty days of the service? The Plaintiff may file noting in default.